Cell Phone & Electronics Policies
Our cell phone policy is aligned with the policies of our neighboring schools, and teaching your child to follow these guidelines now will support them with a smooth transition to middle school. Cellphones are not needed at school and may not be used on campus. If a cell phone is seen by a staff member it will be in the school office until the end of the day.
- All cell phones need to be off or on silent mode and in put backpacks before stepping on to campus. Cell phones must stay in backpacks until the end of the day.
- Students may use electronics before entering campus and after leaving campus
- PARENTS: Please do not call or text your child while at school. If a parent/guardian needs to contact their student, they need to call the main office.
- If your child is sick or injured the teacher and the office staff need to be notified first so we can provide support.
- If a student needs to use their phone, they can do so in the main office or in the principal’s office.
- If a phone is taken by a teacher it will be given back at the end of the day with a review of the rules.
- If a phone is taken a second time it will be taken to the office and parent/guardian will be notified.
- If a phone is taken away a third time a parent will need to come pick up the device and meet with the principal.
If your child will have a cell phone on campus, the student and the parent will need to sign and turn in the Piedmont Avenue Elementary cell phone contract. Fill out our cell phone agreement.
Personal electronic devices such as iPads, MP3 players, video game systems, and others are not allowed at school as they interfere with instruction. If they are discovered at school these items will be confiscated and returned to the caregivers at the end of the day. The school cannot be responsible for loss or damage of these items.