“Working to ensure academic and social success for every student.”
“Every Student Thrives!”
Promoting a positive school culture is at the core of our learning environment. We want all students to love learning, be responsible learners and be respectful of our school environment, the community and the world. Our school culture handbook provides information on the practices that support the character growth and development of our students. The Piedmont Avenue Panther Creed demonstrates our belief in the promise of our students.
Piedmont Avenue Panther Creed
We are Panthers!
We represent all corners of the globe!
From Africa, to Europe, to Latin America,
to Asia, to North America,
We respect where we are from,
and where we are going!
Panthers are scholarly, empathetic, and open-minded,
Panthers are focused, creative, and courageous!
We will not rest until we:
Stop the Violence!
End the Wars!
Clean the Earth!
Educate the Children!
Achieve our goal of College and Beyond!
And in the Process Change the World!
Come on Panthers!
Get up and Go!
Our values are based on the MOSAIC pledge.
The Mosaic Project Theme Song
M is for MUTUAL RESPECT – Don’t put me down and don’t hurt me.
O is for OPEN MINDEDNESS – See me for who I am and don’t judge me.
S is for SELF RESPECT and
A is for ATTITUDE – You gotta love yourself and stay positive.
I is for INDIVIDUALITY and
C is for COMMUNITY – When we come together in the places we live.
MO MO MO MO MO saic (many times)
And if we live by these lessons
And spread them across land and sea
We can create a better future
And live together in peace.
© 2001 The Mosaic Project
Music by Brett Dennen, Lyrics by Brett Dennen and Lara Mendel
Expectations for Behavior
BE SAFE, BE RESPONSIBLE, BE RESPECTFUL
Adapted from the Responsive Classroom
- Be Safe!
- Be respectful with other students and adults.
- Follow “Stop, Drop & Walk” procedures.
- Include everyone.
- Use words to solve your problems – absolutely no fighting or “play” fighting.
Student Union-Lunch Rules
- Allow anyone to sit by you.
- Use quiet inside voices.
- Be polite: say “please” and “thank you”.
- Do not leave your seat until you are dismissed. Raise your hand if you need something.
- Recycle and throw away garbage and when your table is dismissed.
- Walk at all times.
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
- Do not talk.
- Go directly to your assigned location.
- Carry a pass if you are not with a teacher.
- Carry a bathroom pass.
- Give people privacy; knock on the stall door.
- Use quiet voices.
- Return to classroom promptly.
- Flush the toilet and wash your hands.
- Put paper towels in garbage can only.